FORT PIERCE — Police detectives are investigating a recent string of burglaries at local churches, said police officials.
Electronic equipment, such as computers, musical instruments and other valuable items, has been taken from at least three churches that have been broken into within the past five days, said Ed Cunningham, public information officer for the Fort Pierce Police Department.
The first burglary was reported about 6:40 p.m. Thursday at 1810 Orange Ave., Cunningham said. The second one was reported about 1:10 p.m. Friday at 105 N. 15th St. The third one was reported about 8:50 a.m. Monday at 311 N. 25th St.
No further information about the burglaries was available late Monday.
Here are some tips from the Police Department of how to prevent a burglary:
- Make sure the property is properly secured with functional doors and windows.
- Leave exterior and interior lights on.
- Use or consider installing alarms and camera systems.
- Properly maintain the property’s landscaping to remove concealment opportunities.
- Place signage, such as security systems in use, at the property to deter crime.
Anyone with information should call police Detective Tyrone Campbell at 772-467-6829.
More: Fort Pierce youths march for peace, end of gunfire