FORT PIERCE —
The Fort Pierce Branch Library announces its ”Friday Matinee” lineup for August. Held every Friday, the library presents a free film, starting at 2 p.m.
• Aug. 3 – “Two-Face Woman” (1941) featuring Greta Garbo, Melvyn Douglas and Constance Bennett. In Garbo’s final film, she goes out in style in this romantic romp that reunites her with Melvyn Douglas, as she plays the role of a ski instructor who masquerades as her own vampy sister in order to win back her wavering husband. Running time: 91 minutes; not rated.
• Aug. 10 – “From Here To Eternity” (1953) featuring Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift, Deborah Kerr, Donna Reed, Frank Sinatra and Ernest Borgnine. This Academy Award-winning picture is a powerful portrait of a peacetime military camp in Hawaii just before the attack on Pearl Harbor. Running time: 118 minutes; not rated.
• Aug. 17 – “Men Don’t Leave” (1990) featuring Starring Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Joan Cusack and Arliss Howard. Lange stars as Beth in this warm-hearted, funny film about staying together when everything else is falling apart. Running time: 115 minutes, rated PG-13*.
• Aug. 24 – “Bicentennial Man” (1999) featuring Robin Williams, Embeth Davidtz and Sam Neill. An android endeavors to become human as he gradually acquires emotions. Running time: 132 minutes; PG.
• Aug. 31 – “The Animal” (2001) featuring Rob Schneider, Colleen Haskell and John C. McGinley. After being injured in a car accident, wimpy Marvin receives animals’ organs from a deranged scientist. Now he becomes a hero, but then his animal instincts begin taking over. Running time: 84 minutes; PG-13*.
Anyone younger than 13 who would like to attend a film rated PG-13 must have a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian. Permission slips will be available at the front desk on the first floor beginning Aug. 1.
The Fort Pierce Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information call 772-462-2787 or visit: http://library.stlucieco.gov.