FORT PIERCE —
The Fort Pierce Branch Library has announced its Friday Matinee lineup for March. Held every Friday, the library presents a free film, starting at 2 p.m.
• March 2 – “A River Runs Through It” (1992) featuring Brad Pitt, Tom Skerritt and Craig Sheffer. Two fly-fishing sons of a Presbyterian minister, one reserved and one rebellious, grow up in rural Montana. Running time: 133 minutes; PG.
• March 9 – “Lorenzo’s Oil” (1992) featuring Nick Nolte, Susan Sarandon and Peter Ustinov. When a boy develops a rare incurable disease, his father decides to learn all about it in the hope of discovering something which can halt its progress. Running time: 129 minutes; PG-13*.
• March 16 – “1941” (1979) featuring John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd and Treat Williams. Hysterical Californians prepare for an imagined Japanese invasion in the days after Pearl Harbor. Running time: 118 minutes, rated PG.
• March 23 – “The Truman Show” (1998) featuring Jim Carrey, Ed Harris and Laura Linney. An insurance salesman discovers his entire life is actually a TV show. Running time: 103 minutes; PG.
• March 30 – “The Other Sister” (1999) featuring Juliette Lewis, Diane Keaton and Tom Skerritt. A mentally disabled girl proves herself to be every bit as capable as her “perfect” sister when she moves into an apartment and begins going to college. Running time: 129 minutes, PG-13*.
Anyone younger than 13 wishing to attend a film rated PG-13* must have a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian. Permission slips will be available at the front desk on the first floor, starting Thursday, March 1.
The Fort Pierce Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information, call 772-462-2787 or visit: http://library.stlucieco.gov.