FORT PIERCE —
The Fort Pierce Branch Library has announced its Friday Matinee lineup for September. Held every Friday, the library presents a free film, starting at 2 p.m.
• Sept. 2 – “Whoopee!” (1930) featuring Eddie Cantor. An East Coast city boy goes west and finds adventure, music and girls. Running time: 93 minutes; not rated.
• Sept. 9 – “Death of a Gunfighter” (1969) featuring Richard Widmark, Lena Horne and Carroll O’Connor. In the turn-of-the-century Texas town of Cottonwood Springs, Marshal Frank Patch is an old-style lawman in a town determined to become modern. Running time: 94 minutes, rated PG.
• Sept. 16 – “The Natural” (1984) featuring Robert Redford, Robert Duvall and Glenn Close. An average baseball player comes out of seemingly nowhere to become a legendary player with almost divine talent. Running time: 134 minutes; rated PG.
• Sept. 23 – “Cool World” (1992) featuring Brad Pitt and Kim Basinger. A comic strip vamp seeks to seduce her cartoonist creator in order to cross over into the real world. Running time: 102 minutes; PG-13*.
• Sept. 30 – “To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar” (1995) featuring Wesley Snipes, Patrick Swayze and John Leguizamo. After Vida Boheme and Noxeema Jackson win a major New York impersonator contest and a trip to Hollywood, they are persuaded to take the inexperienced Princess Chi-Chi with them. Running time 129 minutes, rated PG-13*.
Anyone 13 or younger who would like to attend a film rated PG-13 must have a permission slip signed by a parent or guardian. Permission slips will be available at the front desk on the first floor beginning Sept. 1.
The Fort Pierce Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information, call 772-462-1615 or visit: http://library.stlucieco.gov.